What are the drivers for organisations to invest in developing the supplier management skills of their people?
- Outsourcing has become an integral part of business strategy for many organisations in the private and public sectors
- The services being outsourced are strategically important and mission critical.The effective management of these suppliers is key.
- Managing supplier relationships has become more complex with increased levels of offshoring, presenting the challenges of cross cultural and remote communications
- For many managers the move from managing in house teams to external organisations represents a significant challenge.
- There is a growing realisation that supplier relationship management and supplier performance management are inextricably linked
Whilst most organisations have well developed sourcing processes and have people trained in procurement,legal and risk functions developing processes and skills for managing engaged suppliers have often, until recently, been overlooked
Contact us on: email@example.com