Questions - thought provokers
- How effective are your supplier managers at establishing, or rebuilding where necessary, a positive way of working with their suppliers?
- Are your supplier managers able to balance directing and engaging communication styles so that the suppliers energy is used and performance optimised?
- How successful are your supplier managers in gaining the most value from the relationship by creating the right mix of managing on contract and relationship?
- To what extent are supplier review meetings effective in providing two way feedback opportunities and driving continuous performance improvements?
- How competent and confident are your people in negotiating with suppliers to arrive at positive and workable solutions, for example in scope change situations?
- What are your supplier managers abilities in resolving conflicts and disputes without immediately resorting to the contract and escalation?
- What experience do your people have in working cross culturally?
Do these questions have any resonance? Have your answers caused any alarm bells?
We can provide a comprehensive training needs diagnostic to enable you to work with your supplier manager teams in defining their training and development priorities - see information page
Contact us on: firstname.lastname@example.org